Thursday, April 22, 2010

5 problems with corporate IT

I just read a great article on techrepublic.com entitled, "5 things I hate about corporate IT." The article comments are also an interesting read…they highlight the rift between IT and the business from the IT professional point of view. If you’re in management (non-IT) and you want to know what frustrates your IT department, read the comments.

The article really made me think: Why is there such a disconnect between IT and the business? Does upper-management view IT as separate from the business? Does IT feel slighted by management’s perception of them? Do both sides look down on the other because the other doesn’t understand the business/technology?

Maybe not, but maybe it’s a mixture of all of the above.

Regardless, for your business to run as efficiently as possible, there needs to be teamwork between IT and upper management. Technology holds great money-saving and productivity-boosting possibilities. I know upper-management likes those things. I also know the IT department would love to share their insight if given the chance. Stop treating one another like enemies and work together.

I know, I know…that’s easier said than done, but there’s plenty to gain if you’ll just give it a shot.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isolation' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP